- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 package (16 oz) spaghetti
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1½ cups finely shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
How to Make It
- Cook pasta as directed on package, except remove 1 cup of pasta cooking water before draining pasta. Set aside the reserved pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta but do not rinse.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add pepper; cook and stir 1 minute to toast pepper. Add ¾ cup of the reserved pasta water and heat until simmering. Add pasta; sprinkle pasta with cheese. Toss with tongs to combine until mixture clings to pasta. If mixture seems dry, add remaining ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water, but this pasta dish will not be saucy.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with additional cheese if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.