We love that this salad comes together with kitchen staples you’re likely to have on hand. Celery seeds taste like the herby essence of celery, with a touch of natural sodium so you don’t need as much added salt. You can also mix it into potato salad, sprinkle on poached white fish, and stir into pickling brines.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 3 cups diagonally sliced peeled celery (about 5 large stalks)
- 3 cups shaved carrots (about 3 large)
- 1 (6-oz) pkg. large cremini mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup packed celery leaves
- ½ cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- ⅜ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated (about ⅔ cup), divided
- Combine celery, carrots, mushrooms, celery leaves, and parsley leaves in a bowl.
- Whisk together oil, rind, juice, shallot, thyme, celery seeds, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add dressing and half of the cheese to vegetables, and toss to coat. Top each serving with remaining cheese.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.