Slivered almonds add just the right amount of crunch to this nourishing salad, which you can make up to a day ahead. To get a jump start on this dish, cook and chill the rice up to 2 days before making the salad.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 (2.75-ounce) package quick-cooking wild rice (such as Gourmet House)
- 1 (31⁄2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice (such as Success)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (8 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated orange-mango juice
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Cook wild rice and brown rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Combine wild rice and brown rice, and spread rice mixture in a thin layer in a baking pan.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until cool, stirring occasionally. Combine chilled rice mixture, chicken, and Orange-Mango Vinaigrette in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon rice mixture evenly onto each of 4 serving plates; sprinkle evenly with almonds. Orange-Mango Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.