- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- ¼ pound pancetta, cut into ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint Brussels sprouts, stemmed and leaves pulled apart
- Kosher salt
How to Make It
- Coat a large sauté pan with olive oil; add the garlic and red pepper and bring to medium heat. When the garlic has turned a lovely golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes, remove it from the pan and ditch it it has fulfilled its garlic destiny!
- Add the pancetta and walnuts and cook until the pancetta is crispy and brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and toss to combine. Season with salt, cover, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sprouts have wilted.
- Remove the lid, raise the heat to medium-high, and let the sprout leaves brown and “frizzle,” 8 to 10 minutes more. Taste and season with salt if needed.