- Yield: 16 (¼-inch) thick cookies
- 1–2 tablespoons cacao butter
- ¾ cup hazelnut butter
- 1 cup raw coconut flour
- ½ cup sun-dried cane juice crystals or coconut sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey, liquid or crystallized
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
Strawberry Cream Frosting
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cashews, soaked at least 1 hour
- ½ cup strawberries
- 1–2 tablespoons raw honey (liquid or crystallized) or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Few pinches of sea salt
How to Make It
- Melt cacao butter over a double boiler, or by chopping and placing in a glass jar set in hot water until melted.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, and mix until a loose dough forms and sticks together when pressed.
- Roll into a ¼-inch-thick dough between two sheets of parchment paper on a cutting board using a straight-sided glass or a rolling pin to evenly compact the dough. Cut shapes with cookie cutters.
- To make the Strawberry Cream Frosting, melt cacao butter and coconut oil over a double boiler. Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Place all ingredients in a high-power blender, and mix until smooth.
- Chill the frosting for at least 2 hours, until set.
- Frost the Hazelnut Sugar Cookies by piping or spreading the frosting, and chill until ready to serve. Store chilled.