- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 c. pasta sauce, divided
- ½ c. dry bread crumbs
- ¼ t. salt
- 4 T. fresh basil, coarsely chopped and divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, combine egg, ½ cup pasta sauce, bread crumbs, salt and 2 tablespoons basil. Add beef and ½ cup cheese.
- Mix well and shape into 4 ovals, each 5-½ by 2-inch. Place in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Spoon remaining sauce over meatloaves and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil.