A giant bowl of snack mix can do no wrong, especially if it’s drizzled with melted chocolate. I combine several favorites like honey roasted peanuts, homemade caramel corn, and crunchy pretzels to create one ultimate salty sweet snack. The recipe makes a family-sized batch and is perfect for handing out at parties or to trick-or-treaters. But you might not have any leftover to give away this stuff is so good, it’s scary.
- Yield: 10 cups
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 5 cups (250 g) Old-Fashioned Caramel Corn
- 3 cups (140 g) pretzel twists
- 1 cup (200 g) Reese’s Pieces
- 1 cup (125 g) honey-roasted peanuts
- 4 oz (113 g) coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate, such as Baker’s brand
- Combine the caramel corn, pretzels, Reese’s Pieces, and peanuts together in a large bowl. Spread out onto two large cookie sheets. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl in 20-second increments until melted, stirring well after each increment. Drizzle the chocolate over the snack mix, then allow it to set for about 20 minutes before digging in. Cover the snack mix and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.