- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, cut into 8 wedges and cored
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped cream or coconut cream, for serving (optional)
How to Make It
- In the Instant Pot, combine the apples, water, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manualL and set the pot at high pressure for 10 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed until the pressure has released.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly. Place a large strainer over a large bowl. Ladle the apple mixture into the strainer. (You don’t want to just lift the liner out of the pot and pour all of it in one go, as it won’t all go through at once.) Using the back of the ladle, mash the apples a bit to get some pulp into the cider.
- Serve the cider hot or chilled, topped with whipped cream or coconut cream, if desired.