- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 lb (450 g) cauliflower florets
- 8 oz (225 g) parsnips, cut into rough chunks
- 8 oz (225 g) onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices (rashers) bacon, finely chopped
- 1 oz (30 g) butter
- 1 tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Steam the cauliflower florets, and cook the parsnip chunks in boiling water about 15 minutes each.
- While the veggies are cooking, sauté the onion and bacon together over medium heat until the onions are soft and golden and the bacon lightly browned, about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower and parsnip are cooked, drain them well and transfer to a food processer.
- Add the butter, celery seed, sea salt, and pepper and process until smooth.
- Turn the mash into the pan the parsnips were cooked in, add the onion and bacon and mix well.