Traditionally a cold soup, gazpacho makes for an amazing smoothie inspiration. This zesty combination of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumber wakes up your senses with sensation of a chilled smoothie on your tongue along with the warm heat that comes from the chilies. Jazz up a boring lunch by adding this to the menu
- Yield: 2 Servings
- ½ each medium red bell pepper, cored
- 4 each medium roma tomatoes, cored
- 1 each large cucumbers
- 1 each large jalapeno, stemmed
- 1 each (¼-inch) thick onion slice
- 1 each small garlic clove, peeled
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ cup ice-1 cup or filtered water
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cucumber and jalapeno slices, for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender.
- Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth. For Garnish
- Place a cucumber and jalapeno slice on the edge of each glass, and then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.