- Yield: 16 Servings, 2 meringues per serving
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, divided
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in confectioners’ sugar. Gently fold in almond extract and ¼ cup chopped almonds. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining chopped almonds.
- Bake on bottom oven rack 35 to 40 minutes, or until dry. Turn off oven and leave meringues 45 to 50 minutes, or until completely dry. Store in an airtight container.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.