The Banana Foster is an American cuisine; it is a New Orleans classic that you are going to thoroughly enjoy. It is a desert that has achieved worldwide acclaim, and it can be made in less than 15 minutes. The preparation time is 5 minutes and the cooking time is 5 minutes also.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup banana liqueur
- 3–4 small bananas, peeled, cut half lengthwise, then cut in half again
- ½ cup rum
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- The first step is to select the saute function, and set the temperature to Medium: High (MD: HI), and allow it to preheat for about 5 minutes.
- After preheating the Foodi for 5 minutes, combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in the pot. Stir them together until the butter and brown sugar dissolve totally.
- The next step is to add bananas and the banana liqueur to the cooking pot. Spoon the sauce over them and continue to cook until their edges start to soften and the mixture begins to bubble.
- After adding the sauce, stir in the rum and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Push the stop button to turn off the unit, your Banana Foster is ready.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.