- Yield: 12 Servings
- 12 ounces (340 g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (16 g) tomato paste
- ½ cup (120 ml) raspberry or plain balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) red wine
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bag of your favorite frozen vegan Not-meatballs
How to Make It
- Add the blueberries, agave, tomato paste, vinegar, wine, water, and garlic to a blender and purée. Oil the crock of your slow cooker. Add the purée and the rosemary and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, or on high for 1½ to 2 hours. (Many small slow cookers have no temperature control, so they cook everything on low.) Remove and discard the rosemary sprigs. Switch to warm or low to keep the sauce warm for a party.
- Serve over vegan meatballs that have just come out of the oven, or keep the sauce in the slow cooker on warm and have the meatballs on the side for dipping.