Once your cashews have been soaked, this no-cook, no-bake raw cashew cheese wheel only takes a few minutes to prepare. You won’t believe how spreadable yet firm it is. Keep some crackers or fresh bread on hand ’cause this cheese goes well with many things and will become an obligatory part of your vegan party platter.
- Yield: 1 cheese wheel
- 1 cup (150 g) raw, unsalted cashews (soaked overnight; see instructions)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Soak the cashews in water overnight. Rinse and drain.
- To a food processor add the soaked cashews and all other ingredients except the chopped pistachios. Pulse until fine and creamy. You might have to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Now, transfer the cashew cheese onto parchment paper and use the sides of the parchment paper to help shape a wheel.
- Let the cheese wheel chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours until it firms up.
- Pour the chopped pistachios onto a plate and carefully coat the cashew cheese on all sides with the pistachios.
- Enjoy this vegan cashew cheese wheel with crackers, veggies, or bread. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.