Tangy olives and sweet pineapple make for a great combination. Lots of complex flavors here.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 18 oz can pineapple chunks
- 7 chicken breasts cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp curry
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cup quartered marinated artichokes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
How to Make It
- Drain the pineapples and keep the juice.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Season the chicken pieces with cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, curry and cayenne pepper.
- and brown for 5 minutes. Pour in the pineapple juice, diced tomatoes and artichokes.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the red pepper slices and bring the liquid to a boil. When the sauce has thickened, stir in the pineapples. Serve over rice.