What’s the best thing about this minute muffin? It’s such a quick and healthy way to satisfy a chocolate craving while not tasting overly healthy at all. If you want to intensify the chocolate flavor even more, add a sprinkle of chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks to the top before cooking.
- Yield: 1 muffin
- 2 tbsp (13 g) oat flour
- 2 tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp (30–44 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (29 g) shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid
- Combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a small microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the shredded zucchini, and mix until well combined. Finally, fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Microwave your muffin on high for 2 minutes and allow it to cool slightly before enjoying.