You’ll feel victorious after devouring this mountain of pie filling and cream.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 0.33 cup maple syrup
- 8 Texas toast slices
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (21-oz) can cherry pie filling
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Toasted walnuts
How to Make It
- Whisk eggs in a shallow dish. Whisk in sugar and next 3 ingredients. Combine cream cheese with maple syrup in another bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Dip toast slices in egg mixture 10 seconds on each side. Melt butter on a large griddle over medium heat. Cook toast slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place 4 toast slices on each of 4 serving plates. Top each slice with 2 Tbsp. cream cheese mixture and ¼ cup pie filling. Top with remaining toast slices. Dollop with sweetened whipped cream, and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.