When you think of baked beans, you might think of a BBQ, but these aren’t your average baked beans. They’re full of country-style ingredients such as barbecue sauce and brown sugar. This dish is a hearty favorite fit for the best barbecue or block party in town.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 Hours
- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 1½ cups barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15½-ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans, not drained
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on pepper towels. Set aside.
- In the slow cooker, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and ½ cup water and mix well. Stir in the chili beans, navy beans, butter beans, pork and beans, and bacon. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours or on High for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley.