The secret to this fresh and flavorful salad is twofold: first is the addition of dukkah to the dressing, which adds spice, depth of flavor, and a bit of creaminess (thanks to the chickpea flour). The second is using the freshest carrots sweet and free of any bitterness that you can find.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower-Chickpea Dukkah
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fine sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
- 5 cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 0.33 cup dried currants or raisins
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the dukkah, the lemon juice, garlic, and cinnamon. Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, cilantro, mint, and currants. Add the dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until chilled, or for up to 4 hours. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons dukkah just before serving.