- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 cup collard greens, sliced thin
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup leeks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ cup mushrooms, sliced; reserve a few slices for garnish
- ½ cup red bell peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups barley, cooked
How to Make It
- Place the collard greens in a steamer and steam over boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable broth in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the leeks and garlic for about 3 minutes until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, parsley, oregano, salt, and black pepper and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the steamed collard greens and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced mushrooms and serve with cooked barley.