Double chocolate cookies filled with chocolate chips and gooey caramel. These are so rich and decadent, and are sure to please any and all chocolate lovers. Grab a big glass of cold milk and dig in.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24–36 Rolo candies
- ¼ cup powdered or granulated sugar
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and granulated sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and stir until well combined. Add the chocolate chips, then cover and refrigerate the dough for 15 to 20 minutes. (If you want these cooked more quickly, you can skip this step—the dough may be a little more sticky, so flour your hands before shaping the cookies.)
- Shape the dough into 1½-inch balls. Press a Rolo into the center of each ball and cover the top with dough. Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl and roll each cookie in the sugar. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet as you work.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly crisp around the edges and soft in the middle. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.