- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Whipped cream and mini marshmallows, for serving (optional)
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, heavy cream, and chocolate chips and heat over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate has melted. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the sugar and salt. Cook for 3 minutes more, or until the sugar has dissolved and the hot chocolate is warm. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately, or transfer to a slow cooker set to Warm until ready to serve.
- Ladle the hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream and marshmallows, if desired.