If you are a sports person, or just a lover of game-day eats, these fried BBQ Cauliflower Wings are the perfect game-day snack or party food. Smother them in BBQ sauce and dip them in ranch dip or vegan mayo until you’ve been eating them all by yourself and the game is over and you wonder where all that time with friends went.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- ½ head (400 g) cauliflower
- 1¼ cups (150 g) flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ground pepper
- oil for frying
- 3 tablespoons vegan BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Break down the cauliflower into florets of approximately the same size.
- Combine the flour, water, salt, paprika powder, garlic powder, and ground pepper into a thick batter.
- Heat the frying oil in a pot (if you use a smaller pot you can use less oil but you have to work in more batches, and make sure not to fill the pot with too much oil to prevent it from boiling over) or deep fryer to 350°F/175°C.
- Once the oil is hot, dip one cauliflower floret after another into the batter. Let them fry for 4 to 5 minutes until florets are golden and crispy. Set them aside on paper towels to let excess oil drip off. Repeat until all the cauliflower wings are fried. For BBQ Sauce
- Thin out the BBQ sauce by adding the water until you can easily drizzle it.
- Put all the cauliflower wings in a large bowl, add the BBQ sauce, and toss until all wings are coated. They are the best when served fresh! A ranch dip or vegan mayo are the ideal dipping sauces.