- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (14 oz) smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
How to Make It
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package; return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, bell peppers and garlic in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisptender. Add sausage; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Stir tomatoes and Cajun seasoning into sausage mixture. Stir in whipping cream; cook uncovered 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture is thickened.
- Add sausage mixture to fettuccine in Dutch oven; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.