- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 7 oz uncooked whole wheat or multigrain spaghetti, broken into thirds
- ½ cup frozen shelled edamame (from 10-oz bag)
- 1 cup 1-inch diagonal pieces fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or water
- 2 cups cubed or shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 3-lb chicken)
- ½ cup chopped orange, yellow or red bell pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook spaghetti as directed on package, adding edamame and asparagus during last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook just until tender. Remove from saucepan with slotted spoon; set aside. Stir flour, salt and pepper into same saucepan. Gradually stir in broth until mixture is smooth. Stir in half and-half. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, spaghetti and vegetables, sherry, chicken and bell pepper to sauce; stir until combined. Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake about 10 minutes longer or until bubbly in center.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.