I love ginger and I always keep a jar of pickled ginger and frozen ginger at home. You will be surprised at how easy it is to grate frozen ginger! I created this recipe when I had some leftover sakura ebi (dried sakura shrimps). I use it when I make okonomiyaki (fl our and cabbage pancake) and there are always leftovers.
- Yield: 8
- 17 oz (480 g)Cooked Japanese short grain rice
- 1½ oz (40 g) Pickled sliced ginger
- 3 tbsp Dried sakura shrimps (sakura ebi)
- Toasted white sesame seeds to taste
- 3 tbsp Japanese soy sauce (shoyu)
- White radish (daikon) sprouts to garnish
- Put rice, pickled ginger, dried sakura shrimps, sesame seeds and soy sauce in a bowl and mix gently until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Place cling wrap in a rice bowl and scoop one-eighth of the rice mixture into the bowl. Pull out rice together with cling wrap and mould rice into a triangle or ball. Remove cling wrap and garnish with white radish sprouts. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.