- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or ½ teaspoon dried
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
How to Make It
- In a medium skillet set over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned through, about 5 minutes. Pour off any excess fat.
- Return the pan to medium heat and stir in the seasoning mix, oregano, red pepper flakes, tomato sauce, and noodle pieces. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, cover, and cook until the noodles are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Top with dollops of the ricotta cheese and the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan, and serve.