- 12 ounces shelled peas (or about 2 pounds in the pod)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces pancetta, sliced into thin strips
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
- Wash the peas, and combine in a large saucepan with the unpeeled garlic, a bunch of parsley, 8 tablespoons of olive oil, the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add ½ cup of cold water, and cook over low heat until the peas are tender and some liquid still remains.
- Before removing from the heat, add the pancetta, and cook briefly.