This is a classic Dutch side dish in the Amsterdam street kitchens. Fritje Oorlog means “war fries” in Dutch, which makes no sense to me because it’s the most perfect union of flavors. Satay sauce (peanut sauce) and mayonnaise and onion are heavenly to serve with baked or fried potatoes.
- Yield: 4 Servings and about 1 cup (250 g) sauce
- 14 ounces (400 g) potatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
- Olive oil
- ½ cup (100 ml) Satay Sauce
- ½ cup (100 g) mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 0.33 cup (50 g) chopped raw onions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the potato wedges on an oven tray, and sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven until the potatoes are golden and baked through, around 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with Satay Sauce and mayonnaise.