- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 2 cups Betty Crocker Gluten Free all-purpose rice flour blend
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 0.33 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
How to Make It
- In medium bowl, mix flour blend and salt. Make a well in center of mixture. Add eggs, water and oil to well; mix thoroughly. (If dough is too dry, mix in water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until dough is easy to handle. If dough is too sticky, gradually add flour blend when kneading.) Gather dough into a ball. On surface lightly sprinkled with flour blend, knead 3 to 5 minutes or until firm and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap or foil; let stand 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts.* On surface lightly sprinkled with flour blend, roll one sixth of dough at a time (keep remaining dough covered or it will dry out and crack) into rectangle, 1/16 to ⅛ inch thick (if using hand-crank pasta machine, pass dough through machine until 1/16 inch thick**). Loosely fold rectangle lengthwise into thirds. Cut crosswise into 2-inch strips for lasagna, ¼-inch strips for fettuccine or ⅛-inch strips for linguine. Unfold and gently shake out strips. Hang pasta on pasta drying rack or arrange in single layer on towels lightly sprinkled with flour blend; let stand 30 minutes or until dry.
- In 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat 4 quarts water (salted if desired) to boiling; add pasta. Boil uncovered 2 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until firm but tender. Begin testing for doneness when pasta rises to surface of water; drain.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.