When you need to cater for a large get-together don’t worry help is at hand, in the shape of this hamburger risotto for 12.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1½ cups onion (peeled, chopped)
- 3 (10¾ ounce) cans tomato soup
- 4½ cups water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1½ tsp salt
- 4½ cups quick-cook rice
- Parmesan cheese (grated, to serve)
How to Make It
- In a skillet over moderate heat, while breaking the meat up using a wooden spoon, brown the beef. Drain off any excess fat.
- In the meantime, and while the beef cooks, in a pan, combine the onion, tomato soup, water, garlic powder, oregano, and salt and stir to combine before mixing in the rice.
- Place over moderate heat and stir to combine.
- As soon as the beef is nearly cooked, add it to the pan.
- Cook the rice until it boils while occasionally stirring When it comes to boil, reduce the heat to low and allow to boil until the water has virtually evaporated.
- Turn the heat off, and allow to sit, while covered for between 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese.