Breakfast, brunch, lunch or supper, these versatile omelets are delicious any time of the day.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 8 large eggs
- Peppers, onions, mushrooms (sliced, toppings of choice)
- Salsa (to serve)
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef with the fennel seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, and sage. Mix to fully combine and using clean hands, form the mixture into 4 evenly sized patties.
- Add a greased grill pan to the stovetop and preheat to moderate heat.
- Not touching, arrange the patties on the grill pan and cook on each side for between 10-15 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the patty registers 165 degrees F.
- When sufficiently cooked, remove the patties and place on a kitchen paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess grease.
- Next, prepare the omelets.
- Whisk 2 eggs, and pour into a lightly greased skillet.
- Allow to cook until they start to bubble. Add your chosen toppings along with the burger meat to one half of the omelet.
- With a spatula, lift up the empty side of the omelet and fold the omelet in half to entirely cover the meat and toppings and allow to cook until slightly browned.
- Repeat the process using the remaining ingredients.
- Top with salsa and season.