This slightly spicy version of the classic baked beans makes a really delicious change.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 slices of streaky bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 14-oz (2 x 400-g) cans white beans (cannellini or haricot/navy beans work well), drained and rinsed
- 1 lb 2 oz (500 g) passata/strained tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon treacle
- ½ teaspoon jerk seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
How to Make It
- Press the Sauté button on the multi-cooker and add the oil. When hot, add the onion and bacon and stir for about 5 minutes. Add all the other ingredients and stir to deglaze the pan.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Manual or High Pressure for 2 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the NPR method. These beans taste delicious served on buttered sourdough toast or Grain-free Bread.