Let me introduce you to the ultimate mint-chocolate creation. If you’re looking for a decadent, rich, and blow-your-diet dessert, meet your new brownie friend. Take my favorite fudgy brownie recipe and dress it up by adding creamy, cool mint frosting and a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Warning: these fudgy brownies are not for the faint of heart, but they’re worth every minute on the treadmill!
- Yield: 20 Brownies
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1 batch Death by Chocolate Brownies
- 3 tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 oz (50g) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups (240g) confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 2 drops green liquid food coloring
- 0.33 cup (60g) mini chocolate chips
- Make the Death by Chocolate Brownies following the recipe on page 43. When they are finished baking, allow them to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides. Do not slice yet, just set the brownies aside. Make The frosTing
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese together in a medium bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the confectioners’ sugar and heavy cream. Switch to low speed and beat for 2–3 minutes until smooth. Add the peppermint extract and food coloring and beat for 1 minute. Spread the frosting over the cooled brownies. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Cut into squares, running the knife under hot water and patting dry between each cut. The brownies will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.