- Yield: 6 Servings
- 6 medium red, yellow, or green peppers, halved and seeded
- 1½ cups tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 1½ cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the pepper halves, cut sides up, in 9 × 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomato sauce, wild rice, ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese, the mushrooms, onion, garlic, oregano, and salt. Divide among the pepper halves and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese on top of the peppers and bake until golden, 5 minutes. Serve hot.