- Yield: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 5½ oz (150 g) crème fraîche (sour cream)
- 4 free-range eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 spring onion (scallion), thinly sliced
- 2 slices of bread, ideally a bit stale
- 1 oz ¼ cup (25 g) finely grated parmesan
- small handful of finely chopped parsley
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/gas mark 5).
- Take four small ovenproof serving dishes and lay a slice of prosciutto in the base of each one, followed by a dollop of crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper, then crack an egg into each dish, followed by another dollop of crème fraîche and the cherry tomatoes.
- Blitz the bread in a blender or finely chop with a sharp knife to make breadcrumbs. Combine with the parmesan and parsley, then season with black pepper and sprinkle over each dish.
- Bake for 6–7 minutes or until the breadcrumb crust is golden and the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny. If the eggs are cooked before the breadcrumbs brown, blast them under a hot grill (broiler) for a minute or two – just keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Garnish with spring onion and a sprinkle of pepper and serve.