Serve up this flavorsome pasta salad cold or warm and watch it disappear!
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
For the Salad
- 1 12 oz package penne or fusilli pasta
- 1 12 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (reserve 1 tbsp of oil), drained
- ½ cup olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup arugula, chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
For the Dressing
- ½ fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh Romano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp reserved sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
How to Make It
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse together the basil leaves and pine nuts. Add in minced garlic and parmesan cheese and pulse again. Slowly stream in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until emulsified and well combined. Scoop out pesto into a small bowl and combine with 1/3 cup olive oil, tomato oil and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, artichoke, cucumbers, olives, capers and parsley. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Pour in the dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Enjoy!