It’s really surprising just how much you can do in the slow cooker. Pizza is great in the slow cooker on those blistering hot summer days, when you can’t bear to turn on the oven. It’s also a great treat when you go camping. I bring premade dough, prechopped veggies, and vegan mozzarella in the cooler. You’ll be greeted with lots of oohs and aahs by your camping buddies. This is a free-form recipe. Use as little or as much sauce as you would typically put on your pizza. The same goes for toppings. If you use fresh onion and bell pepper, cut into a small dice and add them at the beginning so they will be cooked by the end.
- Yield: 4 pizzas or dough for 2 focaccias
- ¼ recipe Foolproof Focaccia dough
- ¼ to ½ cup (63 to 125 g) tomato sauce
- Chopped veggies of choice, such as onion, green pepper, All-Occasion Roasted Garlic, Balsamic Onion Marmalade
- ½ to 1 cup (62 to 115 g) shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (*or use homemade cheese shown
- Oil the crock of your slow cooker. Shape the dough to fit in the slow cooker. Top with the tomato sauce and then the veggies.
- Cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours in a large oval slow cooker, or up to 3½ hours in a round 4-quart (3.8 L) slow cooker, propping up the lid with a wooden spoon to allow the condensation to escape. About 15 minutes before serving
- Sprinkle with the shredded vegan mozzarella. Serve once the cheese is melted (if you are using a vegan cheese that melts, of course).