- Yield: 2 Pizzas
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, toasted in a skillet until aromatic
- ½ clove garlic
- 1½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino or Parmigiano cheese
- Pinch of crushed red chile flakes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup mint with stems, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 balls pizza dough
- 4 ounces ground Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
How to Make It
Make the Pistachio Pesto
- In a blender or food processor, combine the pistachios, garlic, lemon juice, grated cheese, chile flakes, and oil and blend until smooth. Add the spinach, mint, and salt and blend again until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve or store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Stretch, Top and Bake the Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 500°F with a pizza stone or rimless baking sheet on the lowest rack. Let the oven heat for at least 30 minutes before cooking the pizzas.
- Dust a pizza peel, rimless baking sheet, or the underside of a rimmed baking sheet with all-purpose flour. Stretch one ball of dough on the floured peel or rimless baking sheet. Spread with half of the pesto (about ¼ cup) and top with half of the sausage, half of the feta, and half of the onion. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the oil over the crust. Get your peel level with the baking stone and give the peel a good shove to transfer the pizza to the stone. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the pesto is bubbly and the crust has taken on some nice brown color.
- Stretch and top the second pizza while the first is in the oven.
- Remove the first pizza from the oven using your peel or a rimless baking sheet and a pair of tongs. Repeat with the second pizza.
- While the second pizza is baking, combine the arugula, basil, the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Toss to mix. Serve and Store
- Top each pizza with half of the salad, slice, and serve. Store leftover cold pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.