Try this mole recipe with some of your favourite garnishes including Cotija cheese and cabbage. You can also top it with some shredded arugula or toasted sesame seeds to enhance the flavor.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- ½ ounce vegetable oil
- 8 ounces black mole paste
- 1 tab of Mexican chocolate
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 48 ounces skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ ounce kosher salt
- Crumbled Mexican cheese, crumbled
- Cabbage, shredded
How to Make It
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat until it shimmers. Fry mole paste in the oil for 3 minutes until softened. Stir in chocolate and chicken stock and keep scraping the sides of the pot so the paste doesn’t stick.
- Season chicken with salt and add to the pot. Keep scraping the bottom of the pot so the Ingredients don’t scorch.
- Lock the lid on the pressure cooker and cook at high for 5 minutes on stovetop. Allow pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Stir back into the sauce and transfer to a bowl. Serve with your favourite garnishes.