- 1 stalk rhubarb, about 5 inches long, diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ oz Maker's Mark bourbon
- ½ oz apricot liqueur
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 5 blueberries, skewered, for garnish
How to Make It
- In this drink, rhubarb has a wonderful tartness that is complemented by the subtle honeyed sweetness of bourbon and a slightly bitter finish. Place
- rhubarb into a mixing glass with sugar and lemon juice, then muddle to a pulp. Add bourbon, apricot liqueur, simple syrup and bitters. Fill the mixing glass with ice and shake vigorously until the shaker is very cold to the touch. If necessary, adjust the balance of sweetness and acidity to taste with additional simple syrup and lemon juice. Double-strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass: using a cocktail strainer to hold back most of the pulp, strain through a tea strainer to remove the remaining fine pulp, tapping the strainer to help the liquid pass through.
- Rest the skewered blueberries over the top of the cocktail and serve.