- 6 small beetroots or 3 medium-large (about 300 g in all)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- squeeze of lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Wash the beetroots and dry them with kitchen towel. Rub the beetroot with a tablespoon of the oil, place them in a roasting tin and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cover the tin with foil and roast the beetroots in the oven for 45–60 minutes, depending on their size. The beetroots are done when the tip of a knife pierces through to the centre very easily.
- Remove the beetroots from the oven and when they’re cool enough to handle, rub off the skins. Chop the beetroots roughly, then put them in a blender with another tablespoon of olive oil, the garlic, cumin and Greek yoghurt and blitz until smooth. Taste and season with black pepper and salt if necessary and add a squeeze of lemon juice.