- Yield: 6 Servings (1¼ cups each)
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 1 jar (25.5 oz) fire-roasted tomato pasta sauce
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
- Cook pasta and drain as directed on package, omitting salt and oil.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat pasta sauce, olives, anchovy paste and pepper flakes to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes.
- Generously spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 4 minutes, stirring to crumble, until thoroughly cooked. Drain, if necessary.
- Add sauce and cooked pasta to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle individual servings with basil.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.