- Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs, tossed with 1 tablespoon melted butter
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook while stirring until flour mixture begins to bubble. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook while stirring 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook while stirring until tender. Stir eggs and salt into mushroom mixture in pan; cook while stirring until eggs are set. Add cheese mixture and broccoli to egg mixture; mix well. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 11½x7½x2-inch glass baking dish. Top with breadcrumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.