- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 x 175 g tuna steaks, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and cubed
- 1 tangerine, sectioned
- 250 ml Citrus-Avocado Dressing
How to Make It
- Salt the tuna on both sides.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium–high heat until lightly smoking.
- Sear the tuna for about 1½ minutes per side (for medium rare), or until it reaches your desired doneness. Remove from heat, slice thinly, and set aside.
- Place the lettuce, grated carrot and cucumber in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the lettuce mixture between several plates; add portions of seared tuna, avocado cubes and tangerine segments. Serve with dressing poured over the top.