- Yield: 24 Canapes
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 24 cocktail rye bread rounds
- ½ cup (125 mL) spreadable cream cheese
- 1½ cups (375 mL) mixed baby salad greens
- ½ lb (250 g) small cooked, fresh or frozen (thawed) salad shrimp, patted dry
- 0.33 cup (80 mL) cocktail sauce
- 24 small parsley sprigs
- twirls of lemon zest for garnish
How to Make It
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each piece of rye bread. Top with a few leaves of the salad greens.
- Place 2 to 3 shrimp on each canapé. (Can be made to this point several hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate until needed.)
- Top the shrimp with a small spoonful of the cocktail sauce. Garnish each canapé with a parsley sprig and a few twirls of lemon zest and serve.