- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 scallions or green onions, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened, pulled into pieces
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Roughly chop the white and light green parts of the scallions. If desired, slice the dark green parts of 2 scallions, and set aside for garnish.
- Warm the oil in a Lodge 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and white and light green parts of the scallions, sprinkle lightly with salt, and season generously with pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well blended. Pour into the skillet. Scatter the salmon pieces and bits of cream cheese all over the top of the frittata. Season with more pepper, if desired. Cook the frittata on the stove without stirring for 3 minutes, then transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until the frittata is nearly set in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to low broil, and cook until the frittata is just set in the center, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved scallion greens, if desired; cut into wedges, and serve.