This delicious pâté can be quickly whipped up in the food processor. To make a simple, but elegant canapé, pipe the pâté on small rounds of rye bread and garnish with sprigs of dill and tiny lemon wedges.
- Yield: 8 Servingsas an appetizer (1¾ cups) (435 mL)
- ½ lb (250 g) brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz (125 g) cold- or hot-smoked salmon, bones and skin removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) sour cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) horseradish, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- salt and white pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Place the cream cheese, smoked salmon, sour cream, dill, horseradish and lemon juice in a food processor; pulse until a coarse pâté forms.
- Season with salt and pepper; pulse until smooth.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with sliced bread and crackers.