- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- ½ cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (⅓ cup)
- 1 egg
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
How to Make It
- Make tomato sauce.
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, onion and egg. Shape mixture into 24 (1¼-inch) meatballs. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch pan or on rack in broiler pan. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink in center and thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F.
- Stir meatballs into sauce. Simmer uncovered over low heat 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.