- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- ½ lb (25 g) strong flour
- 4½ oz (125 g) butter
- ¾ lb (325 g) sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- knob of butter, for greasing
- ½ lb (250 g) almonds (blanched)
- ½ lemon zest
- icing sugar, to serve
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix the flour, the butter, 125 g (4½oz) of the sugar, and one egg together to form the pastry. Let it rest for 20 minutes, then put into a 22 cm-(8½in) diameter baking tin pre-greased with butter, and bake blind in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Grind the almonds, and mix this almond meal with the remaining two eggs, rest of the sugar and the zest of half a lemon.
- Put the almond mixture in the pastry case, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- When cooked, leave to cool, then decorate with a liberal dusting of icing sugar.